This week’s University of Kentucky Hockey Club player profile is Jordan Shannon. Jordan is a freshman from Newport News, Va and is majoring in chemistry.
1) What first caught your attention about hockey?
JS: The high speed. I loved skating the first time I stepped on the ice.
2) Who is your favorite team and player?
JS: I’m a huge Washington Capitals, fan and my favorite player is Jarome Iginla.
3) What brand of equipment do you use?
JS: I only use Warrior sticks, but prefer Bauer gear.
4) If you could have any player, past or present, be your 5 players in a shootout who would you choose?
JS: Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin, Alex Barkov, TJ Oshie, and Claude Giroux
5) Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions?
JS: I like to mentally prepare by spending at least 20-30 minutes doing crossword puzzles after I warm up.
6) What band or artist are you listening to the most at the moment?
JS: I listen to a lot of music but lately I’ve been listening to Brockhampton.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
JS: In 5 years I see myself in pharmacy school here at UK.
8) What is your favorite thing about Lexington?
JS: My favorite thing about Lex is the endless food options around the city.
9) What would you like to say to the Big Blue Nation?
JS: BBN I LOVE YOU!
Thank you to Jordan for taking the time to do this. After the between the semesters break, the boys are back on the ice tonight against rival, Eastern Kentucky. Tonight’s game is the annual battle for the Bourbon Barrel between the two teams. Advance tickets are now SOLD OUT. If you want to see the game you’ll have to get there early to get in. Game starts at midnight at the Lexington Ice Center and is $7 to get in. Come early, wear blue, and be loud!!
You can follow me on twitter @RobUKFAD
All pictures used with permission from Kentucky Hockey