First off pay to read blogs are annoying and that will NEVER be the case here. Evidently, the Athletic has Kentucky in their “early 2019 college football top 25” list. ESPN has left us off of theirs while putting Missouri in and having Florida (a team we beat and had the same record as) as the 7th ranked team. I may never get these biased media types. I wanted to share my thoughts on how I see the first AP Poll next playing out.
1. Clemson- Lawrence to Ross is going to be fun to watch for the next couple of years.
2. Alabama- Saban is more than likely not going anywhere any time soon and will be in the playoffs each year barring something drastic.
3. Georgia- This next season may see Fromm lose his job to Fields but regardless they are the top dogs in the east until someone else steps up (Kentucky maybe???)
4. Oklahoma- Being in the Big 12 helps Oklahoma deal with losing Murray, I’d look for Spencer Rattler to possibly step up to replace him.
5. LSU- Joe Burrow looks like he’s ready to lead LSU into another successful season. I could even see them upsetting Alabama next year but inconsistent play is LSU’s biggest foe.
6. Notre Dame- I’m not very high on Notre Dame despite the ranking.
7. Ohio State- Losing a lot including Urban Myer will cause the Buckeyes to not dominate teams like they have in the past.
8. Kentucky- That’s right! I believe Stoops and this group of players deserve respect and deserve to be in the top 10! Bring on Georgia!
9. Texas- Sam Ehlinger will have to deal with three O-Line departures but should see Oklahoma twice again next year.
10. Oregon- Justin Herbert will be the 2nd best QB in the nation behind Lawrence and it’ll spill over for the Ducks
11. UCF- PLAY SOMEBODY!
12. Florida- Hehehe
13. Washington- Jake Browning is gone and enters Jacob Eason from Georgia. It may take some time for him to adjust.
14. Michigan- Harbaugh will have another talented team that loses some games that it shouldn’t like the Notre Dame game this past year.
15. Syracuse- Basketball school—They play a weak schedule and have some interesting up-and-coming players.
16. Texas A&M- Losing quite a bit including Jace Sternberger whom torched Kentucky last year. Side note: We get them at home this year and I believe we win that game!
17. Penn State- Trace McSorley is gone and the wide receivers can’t catch a cold but their run game will be strong and defense is always a priority in Happy Valley.
18. Washington State- Mike Leach is my favorite coach in the NCAA.
19. Army West Point- Better than they’ve been in several decades but not good enough to really matter.
20. West Virginia- Neal Brown takes over and has a tall order ahead of him but he’s proven to be a winner.
21. Northwestern- Big Ten darlings that suffer from mediocrity.
22. Utah State- After an impressive 11-2 season they may just be the cinderella darling to watch for
23. Iowa- Hawkeyes are always a tough out and that will continue.
24. Cincinnati- Offense looks good under Luke Fickell.
25. Missouri- Let’s see what Kelly Bryant brings to Columbia.
Let me know what you guys think of my rundown!